Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Home Sick

Even though going to England was a blessing and I got to spend time with my sister and brother in law, there was some things I missed when I was there. It was my last summer to be together with my friends, and I did spend a lot of time with them while I was still in America, but being gone that month made me fell as if I was missing out on my senior summer. When it was 3am in England, it was 10pm in America and my phone would blow up from my friends sending me snapchats of the parties they were at or how they were having a Disney movie marathon. The movie marathon was my idea in the beginning of the summer and I was a little upset that they waited until I was gone to actually do it. I had to miss the county fair. Our county fair sucks, but my group of friends would go and somehow make it tons of fun. We’d ride the few rides and waste our money at the games and make it into a competition of who could win the most prizes by the end of the night. Then we’d usually drive to taco bell and head back to someone’s house for the night. I saw pictures on Facebook and Instagram of all the fun they were having, and I felt bad for wishing I could be with them when I was in England.


I also really missed my parents and my other siblings. I missed when my mom and I would spend summer days working on our tan or hoeing the garden and having girl time. I especially missed my sister Messina. She is the sister I go to when I want to go do outdoorsy stuff. I missed her big annual tubing party where all of her, her husband’s and even my friends get together and go tubing down the Rifle River on a 5 hour trip and at the end of the night we have a bon fire. England was amazing and I would go back in a heartbeat but it was tough having to leave my friends and my summer behind for that whole month.

No comments:

Post a Comment